The Southern Education Foundation (SEF), located in Atlanta, GA seeks outstanding candidates to fill Operations Program Associate position. This position is dedicated to the advancement of a comprehensive, proactive leadership development strategy that furthers the mission and goals of SEF to advance creative solutions to ensure equity and excellence in education for low-income students and students of color in the south. The position will also be a critical support to the Chief Operating Officer and President. Assist on key strategic initiatives/new pathways for impact, partner engagement, and the development and management of organizational strategy and operations. Candidates interested in this position should have working knowledge and genuine interest in improving educational opportunity across the P-20 continuum and working to ensure that education is the vehicle by which all students get fair chances to develop their talents and contribute to the common good.
For more than 150 years SEF has made outsized contributions to improving education at all levels, from pre-kindergarten through higher education. SEF works to improve equity, excellence, and opportunity in education nationally. Research, policy analysis, advocacy, and programs are the primary means through which SEF pursues its mission.
A bachelor’s degree is required preferably in education, public policy, or a related field. Candidates should: be able to organize and prioritize workload to effectively complete multiple assignments; have experience in reviewing and tracking contracts and agreements as well as exceptional written, oral, and electronic communication skills; have the ability to interact with diverse external audiences; effectively communicate and embody the value, belief, purpose and mission of the organization; have experience working both independently and in cooperation with other staff members while displaying a positive, cooperative attitude; and exhibit sensitivity to and respect for differences in personal, professional and business relationships on behalf of the Foundation.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Curating relevant resources, documents and materials for participants and staff;
- Support with and/or manage social media, web conferencing and other meeting/document sharing platforms;
- Support in monitoring, tracking and responding to the processing of consultant agreements, proposals, invoices, credit card reports, and report submissions, and other documents as requested;
- Prepares general correspondence, emails, agendas, memos, documents, presentations, reports, financial ledgers, and other materials with intermediate-expert level skills in using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access is a plus) or a similar professional suite;
- Proofreads documents, reports and publications for accuracy and clarity;
- Prepares general correspondence, agendas, memos, documents, presentations, reports, financial ledgers, and other materials with exceptional proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) or a similar professional suite;
- Prepares meeting agendas, takes and transcribes meeting notes, prepares meeting details and summaries;
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares trip itineraries and manages expense reporting for Chief Operating Officer;
- Meeting Planner (managing logistics, materials, necessary follow-up); support in researching and securing program venues, materials for programs, and meeting logistics as needed; attend meetings with/in the stead of direct report;
- Organizes and prioritizes workload to be able to effectively complete multiple assignments within established time frames;
- Acts as a resource and liaison for grantees, consultants, partner organizations, prospective fellows, and internal staff;
- Support with curating relevant resources, documents and materials for partners, fellows/participants and staff;
- Utilize Salesforce to manage new entries;
- Utilize Stripe to monitor donations;
- Utilize Form Assembly to update forms on website;
- Support and execute strategic planning or related activities;
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the COO updated. Anticipate COO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Provide foresight and anticipate conflicts in calendar management for Chief Operating Officer. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Exhibits sensitivity to and respect for differences in personal, professional and business relationships on behalf of the Foundation; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred (e.g., master’s degree in public policy, education policy, or related fields)
- Two to four years of work experience (including internships) in organization administration and program delivery, ideally at an education supporting organization, nonprofit organization, or school system.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills and an ability to clearly communicate complete ideas for general public audiences
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with representatives of advocacy organizations, community leaders, and other partners
- Experience analyzing and interpreting legislation and policy documents
- Knowledge of education and education equity across the P-20 continuum and Federal education policy
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects
- Sense of humor and the ability to exhibit grace under pressure
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to occasionally travel (when permitted under CDC and expert guidance)
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and excellence for every young person, but especially students of color and low-income students in the South
Salary: $45K – $50K.
Excellent non-profit employee benefits.
Interested candidates should submit: 1) a letter of interest; 2) a current resume; 3) names and contact information of three references to (email@example.com) with Operations Program Associate in the subject line of the email.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Southern Education Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.