The Southern Policy & Practice Network (SP&PN) is a co-created learning collaborative featuring key stakeholder organizations from Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina, Mississippi, and Texas. This initiative is focused on addressing ways to improve education equity for Black, Brown, and low-income students from different yet interconnected vantage points in areas of education advocacy, research, and the business community. Poised to address these challenges in intentional and concrete ways the network’s core objectives will be carried out with the purpose of:
- Easing the challenges of collaboration by identifying core messages and building cohesive communication strategies to support them,
- Advancing learning through partnership by promoting coalition building among peers in similar contexts but that operate in different spaces,
- Enhancing reach and gaining traction among policymakers and journalists,
- Designing a digital learning community for ongoing connectivity amongst network members as well as access to equity-centered communications learning materials and coaching, and
- Providing practical communications tools and training to communicate what is working and what is needed most among students in the South from a policy and practice perspective.